Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Espresso, the Play


My school director invited me to join the other teachers at a play on Saturday night.  I’m not sure if he said a Georgian play in Spanish or a Spanish play in Georgian.  Since I’d be lost either way, I figured it didn't much matter which one it turned out to be. 

This is the poster outside the theatre.  In context of the play I saw, it still makes no sense. 

There was a guy who was supposed to be writing music, I think.  And a man with red shoes and a cape.  And a lot of people wearing black and white who seemed to like attacking the other man.  And a girl wearing very short shorts and very big boots. 

The best part of the play was the music.  I’m pretty sure that the person picking the music didn’t actually speak English.  When there was a very scary and ominous creeping of the chorus across the stage, they played this music.  Fast forward to about 2:09.  When the chorus became a horde and overwhelmed the main character and dragged him off stage or piled on top of him or tore him to pieces, we heard the cheery refrain of the Ukrainian BellCarol

You now know as much about what happened on stage as I do. 

Hurray for bonding in the workplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment