Saturday, February 23, 2013

Crazy Tipsy Georgian Dancing Mosh Pit Yay!


I came home the other day to find Maka and Lali from next door in the middle of their own mini-supra.  Well, actually, it wasn’t so much a supra as a plate of khatchapuri and a very large, mostly empty bottle of cha-cha.  I’m not sure what exactly they were celebrating, but they seemed determined to celebrate in grand style.  Lali’s daughters showed up looking for their mother and got sucked into the celebration without much protest. 

Gaumarjos, I guess!

They made me bring down my panduri and play for them the one song I’ve learned.  I don’t even know the words, just na-na na-na.  Since the cha-cha was pretty much gone by this point and they had moved on to the cognac, I don’t think they actually noticed. 

Of course, my feeble attempts at Georgian music inspired them to play all the Georgian music Maka has on her computer.  Tako has been studying Georgian dancing nearly as long as Ani has, so she decided to teach me.  Of course, this devolved quite naturally into a Georgian dance party in the living room. 

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here...

Or here...

Raise the roof!  Um, literally in my case.

And then Lali decided that she wanted a mustache.

At some point, someone put on some swing music, and they had me teaching them the Jitterbug and the Charleston. 

Maka dancing to Benny Goodman
Ruso had the camera, and she made very good use of it.  I’m pretty sure some of her photos are going up on Russian FaceBook as blackmail in a language I don’t understand.  

And done.

No comments:

Post a Comment