Monday, August 6, 2012

Testing, testing.... Is this thing on?


     Hello, one and all! I am Kathleen, and this (as you might have guessed by the url) is my blog.  In a few days, I will be leaving our fair shores and heading off into the great unknown with the Teach and Learn with Georgia program, teaching English in the Republic of Georgia.  It's the country on the Black Sea, not the state below South Carolina.  Go check it out; I'll wait.

That Georgia.  Right there.  That's where I'm going.

     I'll be updating this blog as often as I can while I'm in Georgia, but the great unknown truly is a great unknown at this point.  I don't know where I'll be or what my situation will be over there.  At the moment, I don't even know in what part of the country I'll be living.  Makes it a little difficult to pack, I can tell you.  The climate in Georgia varies so much among the different regions that I could be living up in the mountains where it snows non-stop six months out of the year, or I could be living down by the Black Sea where snow never sticks for more than a day.  Snow boots or bathing suits?  Both!

     People keep asking me why I decided to take a job halfway around the world.  Well, the short answer is that I was bored with the job I had (insurance, very boring stuff).

See how boring my life is?

     I'm sitting here now, eating peaches and smelling magnolia and trying to imagine what I'm going to miss while I'm in Georgia.  Pizza?  Pho?  Chocolate chip cookies?  Arlie.  Definitely Arlie.

This is Arlie.  Isn't he cute?

     Hence the title of this blog.  I promised Arlie I'd come back again.  I will see Georgia and learn Georgian music and dance Georgian dances and meet Georgian people and eat Georgian food, and I will come back to Arlie.  

Plus, I'm going to miss out on seeing The Hobbit when it comes out in theaters.  Bummer.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! For sure, Arlie's cute! And yes, this thing is on and your blog is working within normal parameters. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting! I'm glad you're doing a blog & we can share the experience with you.

    ReplyDelete